Apologetics Awareness exists to highlight the need for the church to use apologetics in evangelism, discipleship, and spiritual formation.
We desire to see the church and its members competently using apologetics on a regular basis for the benefit of those both inside and outside of the church.
Our goals are to make “apologetics” a common term in the church and to change the perception that the Christian faith is irrational.
We seek to build up the church by:
1) stopping the mass exodus of youths from the church,
2) bringing back those who have left, and
3) attracting new converts.
Apologetics Awareness strives to benefit all apologists and apologetics ministries. By making more people aware of and interested in apologetics, we will create a larger audience of potential donors and supporters.
We hope to accomplish these goals through several methods:
- Create an international Apologetics Week to rally apologists and promote apologetics.
- Demonstrate why apologetics is necessary in today’s culture.
- Direct people to apologetics ministries and resources.
- Equip church leaders with tools to weave apologetics into sermons or teachings.
- Encourage participation in local apologetics activities.
You can participate in several ways:
- Like and share apologetics information (quotes, videos, articles, memes, etc.) during Apologetics Awareness Week (2nd full week of September) and use #ApologeticsWeek on your social media.
- Wear apologetics apparel.
- Coordinate an apologetics event (debate, conference, 5k, class, sermon, etc.)
- Go do apologetic evangelism in your local area (college campus, bookstore, etc.)
And if you have a ministry, you can also participate.
- Put an Apologetics Awareness Week banner on your website.
- Use #ApologeticsWeek for all online activity during Apologetics Awareness Week.
- Share testimonies sent to your ministry of how apologetics has been beneficial.
- Encourage employees to engage in apologetics activities.